Your monthly subscription gives you access to a complete suite of DirectLine modules designed specifically for facilities management. You can customize these modules or add new ones as your needs change. In addition, DirectLine has built-in analysis and reporting to provide you with the information you need to reduce maintenance costs while increasing efficiencies. Learn more about DirectLine Analysis and Reporting for facilities management.
Maintenance / Work Order Management
- Create Work Requests, turn requests into Work Orders and assign the work to a trade, shift, department or specific person.
- Use the functionality in Work Orders to allocate parts and tools required for the job, schedule the work, attach documentation such as AutoCAD drawings, instructions, manuals or videos to the work order or even a link to a live website such as state or federal regulatory guidelines.
- Record the work status and details including time to complete and parts used.
Preventive Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
- Predefine labour, parts and tools needed for repetitive work along with all other similar features found in the standard work order.
- Use the PM Scheduler to create PMs for single assets or grouped assets as well as a full calibration data sheet.
- Attach documents to allow users to import and modify PM instructions when changes are needed.
- Create Work Orders on a fixed scheduled date, a floating completion date or a combination of both.
- Easily analyze short and long term costs of buildings and accurately measure maintenance requirements.
- Track and trace history files, costs and usage of any entity, including vehicles and buildings, within the maintenance jurisdiction.
- Reduce the cost of inventory while maintaining sufficient stock to better manage your maintenance needs.
- Automatically calculate the cost of parts and issuing parts from inventory based on demands generated by work orders.
- Automatically create purchase requisitions based on changes to inventory compared to minimum/maximum rules established per part per warehouse.
- Automate as much or as little of the inventory function as is required; because all modules are integrated, the system can be set up with rules and procedures to completely automate most inventory functions.
- Gain facility-wide access to the room inventory for scheduling purposes.
- Request specific type of rooms, identify the meeting setup required, and automatically notify the necessary personnel for setup (Room Scheduler integrates with our facility management software to enable this enhanced functionality).
- Schedule repeat meeting such as the first Monday of every month , or every Wednesday for the next three months.
- Quickly identify days when the building will be unavailable because of construction, holidays, or other impediments.
- Through a database that completely automates room/space utilization, track the use of rooms by the various groups or departments in your organization, allowing for more accurate allocation of costs associated with the work done in these rooms.
- Streamline the complexities of space usage, allocation and costs by simply inputting information such as square footage, utilities, dimensions, and limitations.
Employee Records and Training
- Record employee details such as age, address, wages, overtime, entitlements, training or health and safety certificates, and any insurance or licensing information pertinent to the employee’s position.
- Access employee through other parts of the system to control policies and procedures and track wages as a component of costs associated with a project.
- Manage fleets of cars, trucks, tow motors, and other types of vehicles and equipment.
- Car fleet management including issues and returns.
- Track vehicles by registration number and depot, and monitor components such as engines, gearboxes, or axles by serial numbers and warranty dates.
- Automatically generate warranty claim forms and get automatic warranty alerts.
- Complete component specifications.
- Track manufacturers’ recalls.
- Schedule regular and MOT inspection.
- Organize and access job cards by codes, class and component
- Track and store driver Information with license status, accidents, etc.
- Create an accident database with multiple search function.
- Track and store breakdown reports.
- Record fuel usage with diskette upload and odometer readings
- Track spare parts.
- Process purchase requisitions.
- Expedite the purchasing process of stock or non-stock items required for a project by quickly generating contracts and blanket purchase orders.
- Create purchase requisitions for automatic stock replenishment.
- Issue purchase cards for direct purchases or three-way matching vouchers.
- Easily create restricted blanket purchase orders
- Process retroactive charges.
- Workflow and password protected approvals are designed to ensure security.
Standard and Safety
- Provide special instructions or material handling requirements to a particular equipment or material by attaching static or dynamic documents, or by including a pertinent website URL.
- Users can access any type of electronic documentation through attachments such as AutoCAD drawings, videos, or Word documents.
- Extend the functionality of DirectLine beyond the maintenance department to allow clients to enter Work Requests directly into the system without getting access to the entire system.
- Allow authorized users to review the history of a particular asset, check status on any pending work orders and enter work requests if needed.
- Display actions taken in similar work requests to encourage clients to explore possible solutions without engaging your maintenance department.
- Establish contracts and issue work orders against these agreements based on information stored in the system.
- Estimate labour and materials to ensure the job cost stays within contract limits.
- Close the Work Order upon completion, reconcile all costs and apply against the initial Purchase Order, and deduct total from the contract amount.
- Keep maintenance personnel abreast of hazardous materials
- Provide detailed, customizable descriptions and information on handling, using and storing hazardous material, as well as transporting and disposing of it.
- Keep an inventory of hazardous materials by location.
- Identify “hot” locations by adding an attachment to work orders.
- This module can be linked to the Documents Management module for procedures or safety information.
- Attach dynamic or fixed documents to any screen in the system, ensuring users have timely access to the information they need.
- Attachments can be Word documents, spreadsheets, audio, video or a link to a website containing valuable information such as equipment drawings or governmental specifications.
- Documents can be dynamically linked to an entity so any work orders applied to that entity will automatically contain these documents or applied manually for a specific requirement. This ensures hazard or safety information is available to its staff. All this information is automatically included by default.
Keys and Locks
- Track and trace locks and corresponding keys.
- Create and maintain a database of all known keys, their locations, who carries them, and which locks they open.
- Create a project, automatically recording all work, parts and costs.
- Analyze work results and associated project costs.
- This module allows for an unlimited number of project steps, budgets, commitments and actual expenditures for each step, dynamic contingency allocations, and expenditures and performance by contractor.
- Capture meter readings through this module that focuses on usage rather than performance.
- Accurately monitor utility costs by building, department or any other segmentation by identifying the location of every meter, assigning a schedule and route for readings, and capturing the information for further analysis.
- Make sound budgeting decisions by using the reporting functionality inherent in DirectLine to slice and dice, and merge and aggregate data.
- Track and maintain the capital requirements of a facility or portfolio of facilities while eliminating the costly expense of a total Facilities Condition Audit.
- Integrate capital planning with the day-to-day operational concerns, introducing the building hierarchy system and assessing the short and long term requirements of a facility or portfolio.
- Megamation's methodology incorporates the industry standard Facilities Condition Audit, Facilities Condition Index and UNIFORMAT II elements for building/facility components and systems.
Overview: Capital Reserve Fund Module
Capital Reserve Fund
DirectLine's Capital Reserve Fund/Preventive Maintenance Planning (CRF/PMP) Module for facilities gives the maintenance professional vital information for planning and making critical decisions regarding maintenance and capital renewal. This powerful analysis and planning tool provides information such as:
- Projected costs based on the condition of your facility
- Condition analysis spreadsheets
- Capital planning analysis spreadsheets
- Deferred maintenance data
- Cash flow analysis
- Reserve fund analysis
- Individual Uniformat II component and total portfolio (subset) reporting for user-defined periods
- Comparative data of projected work requirements versus actual work performed
- Budgets for each Uniformat II component or by portfolio
The latest methodologies and technologies The DirectLine CRF/PMP Module incorporates the latest facility management methodologies and technologies including Facility Assessment Audit (FCA), Facility Condition Index (FCI), and UNIFORMAT II elements for building/facility components and systems. It uses the Internet to upload pertinent facility manage information – including up-to-date building codes for checking compliance – and master worksheets completed by the facility audit engineers and specialists. This advanced module integrates seamlessly into the day-to-day DirectLine facility management system.
A unique, cost-saving approach In designing the DirectLine CRF/PMP module, Megamation Systems adopted a unique approach that delivers the critical information needed for short- and long-term planning without requiring the costly expense of a total Facility Condition Audit. The DirectLine CRF/PMP module is backed by a Facility Condition Audit and Analysis team comprised of specialists in the capital reserve fund planning process. Working closely with you, this team will help you integrate your business needs and real property assets into your new DirectLine CRF/PMP module to develop a customized facility master plan.
Learn more about this innovative module To learn more about the DirectLine Capital Reserve Fund/Preventive Maintenance Planning module, or to request a demonstration, please call 1 800 344 8655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintenance Tool Tracking
- Issue unique numbers for each tool.
- Provide sign-in/sign-out dates by tool or by user.
- Reserve tools in Preventive Maintenance and Work Orders.
- Record last calibration date and calibration history.
- Reserve tool for specific tool use certifications.
Health and Safety Module
- Identify and catalogue training requirements for your personnel, specifying requirements for job categories and marking the appropriate schedules to ensure all certifications remain current.
- Identify safety incidents and catalogue and manage the progress of accidents or safety incidents.
- Record the characteristics of the incident, the physical environment present at the time of the incident, the severity of the injury with the perceived causes. Integration with personnel information also allows users to record employees’ credentials at the time of the incident.
- Compile courses and course providers and make this information available to each employee.
- Use the course attendance module to keep track of completion or non-attendance at required courses.
- Track insurance claims with the option to print or electronically send a copy of the required forms to the insurance company.